As part of an aggressive effort to build and grow the firm, Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious, team-oriented and self-directed Vice President. The qualified candidate will lead interesting and challenging accounts focused on corporate communications, corporate reputation, brand building and crisis/issues management across a variety of industries.
Sloane & Company is an industry-leading strategic communications firm specializing in corporate and financial public relations, investor relations, crisis/litigation/transaction support and public affairs.
Since its founding, the firm has earned a reputation for providing strategic counsel to C-level executives of companies of all sizes from large public companies to exciting private start-ups –at far-ranging places in their lifecycles. Whether the situation calls for developing and delivering the right messages to the audiences that matter or advising on high-stakes deals or crises, our goal is the same — to drive winning outcomes for clients.
We’re looking for someone with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience, a track record of leading and growing client business, and a solid understanding of how to communicate with stakeholders through media relations, social media, strategic messaging and more. The qualified candidate will:
- Help companies in a variety of industries better tell their corporate story to key audiences
- Have experience managing a substantial amount of retainer and project engagements
- Have a demonstrated ability to operate autonomously – able to lead several client teams, manage various client programs on their own, develop high quality written materials, proactively solve daily client problems, and counsel senior clients
- Be able to identify new business opportunities within existing client structure and generate leads, as well as spearhead new business efforts working with senior leaderships –including developing presentations, proposals and budgets
- Exercise highly developed skills in team leadership and team building
- Bring strong financial management capabilities — knowledge of how to oversee the budget of accounts, impact of hourly rates/utilization on client profitability and how to maximize profitability per account
- Be a media strategist; building and managing journalist relationships and proactively engaging with key national and trade press
- Oversee development of high quality client deliverables including press releases, key messages, talking points, op-eds, plans, and other critical communications materials
Creativity is key. We are looking for someone who will be resourceful in figuring out how to make a difference for clients. Importantly, any qualified candidate will have strong writing skills as well as a familiarity with content development and how to capitalize on digital media to help tell a client’s story.
We’re an exciting and growing place to build your career, hold yourself to a high standard and continuously improve as a professional. We’re looking for caring, conscientious and dedicated people who want to be a part of our growth.
If this sounds like you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.