Associate, Corporate Communications (New York)
As part of an aggressive effort to build and grow the firm, Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious and self-directed Associate to be based in New York. Media relations skills are highly desired and corporate experience is a plus.
Sloane and Company is a strategic communications firm specializing in:
- Corporate and Financial Public Relations
- Investor Relations
- Crisis/Litigation/Transaction Support
- Public Affairs
Since its founding, the firm has earned a reputation for providing counsel to C-level executives of large public companies, as well as mid-sized private businesses and associations. Whether the situation calls for developing and delivering the right messages to the audiences that matter or advising on high-stakes deals or crises, our goal is the same — to drive winning outcomes for our clients.
You will lead interesting and meaningful accounts focused on Corporate Communications. Ideally, you will have:
- A minimum of two to three years of public relations experience, preferably with corporate or financial emphasis
- A demonstrated understanding of how to communicate with constituents through media relations and other channels
- Strong writing skills
- The ability to interact on a regular basis with clients
- Experience with content development and how to capitalize on digital media to help tell a story
- Familiarity with tools including but not limited to Factiva, Cision, TalkWalker, Zignal, Bloomberg Terminal
- Dedication to creativity in your client work
Your responsibilities will include:
- Helping companies across industries better tell their story to key audiences;
- Being a student of the media – identifying new publications, writers and columns;
- Building and managing journalist relationships and engaging with key national and trade press;
- Developing high quality client deliverables including press releases, key messages, talking points, op-eds, plans and other critical communications materials;
- Implementing research programs on behalf of clients and prospects;
- Utilizing all mediums to help a client disseminate key messages, including social media.
Sloane is an exciting and growing place to build your career, hold yourself to a high standard and continuously improve as a professional. We want diligent and dedicated people who want to be a part of our culture.
If this sounds like you, please email your resume to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that reflects a multitude of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.