Corporate Communications Associate
As part of an aggressive effort to build and grow the firm, Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious, team-oriented and self-directed Associate to be based in New York. The ideal candidate will have two-to-four years of corporate/financial public relations experience.
Sloane & Company is an industry-leading strategic communications firm specializing in corporate and financial public relations, investor relations, crisis/litigation/transaction support and public affairs.
Since its founding, the firm has earned a reputation for providing strategic counsel to C-level executives of large public companies, as well as mid-sized private businesses and associations. Whether the situation calls for developing and delivering the right messages to the audiences that matter or advising on high-stakes deals or crises, our goal is the same — to drive winning outcomes for our clients.
Candidates should have a strong grasp of advanced public relations tools. These include the ability to:
- Help companies across industries better tell their corporate story to key audiences;
- Be a student of the media – identifying new publications, writers and columns to tell stories;
- Build and manage journalist relationships and proactively engage with key national and trade press;
- Develop high quality client deliverables including press releases, key messages, talking points, op-eds, plans, and other critical communications materials;
- Implement research programs on behalf of clients and prospects;
- Utilize all mediums to help a client disseminate key messages, including social media;
- Discuss a client’s business and communications program directly with senior members of an organization.
Associates are an integral part of the team and its overall successes. Candidate should be a quick study with the ability to grasp complicated issues, think proactively and have a strong handle on and interest in current economic, financial and political events.
We’re an exciting and growing place to build your career, hold yourself to a high standard and continuously improve as a professional. We’re looking for caring, conscientious and dedicated people who want to be a part of it.
If this sounds like you, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.