Senior Associate, Corporate Communications
As part of an aggressive effort to build and grow the firm, Sloane & Company is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious and self-directed Senior Associate to be based in New York. Media relations skills are essential. If you thrive on finding the right journalist and interesting them in your client, this is the role for you.
Sloane and Company is a strategic communications firm specializing in:
- Corporate and Financial Public Relations
- Investor Relations
- Crisis/Litigation/Transaction Support
- Public Affairs
Since its founding, the firm has earned a reputation for providing counsel to C-level executives of large public companies, as well as mid-sized private businesses and associations. Whether the situation calls for developing and delivering the right messages to the audiences that matter or advising on high-stakes deals or crises, our goal is the same — to drive winning outcomes for our clients.
You will lead interesting and meaningful accounts focused on Corporate Communications. Ideally, you will have:
- A minimum of three years of corporate public relations experience
- A track record of leading and growing client business
- A demonstrated understanding of how to communicate with constituents through media relations and other channels
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with content development and how to capitalize on digital media to help tell a story
- Familiarity with tools including but not limited to Cision, TalkWalker, Zignal, Bloomberg Terminal
- Dedication to creativity in your client work
Your responsibilities will include:
- Helping companies across industries better tell their corporate story to key audiences;
- Being a student of the media – identifying new publications, writers and columns;
- Building and managing journalist relationships and engaging with key national and trade press;
- Developing high quality client deliverables including press releases, key messages, talking points, op-eds, plans and other critical communications materials;
- Implementing research programs on behalf of clients and prospects;
- Utilizing all mediums to help a client disseminate key messages, including social media.
Sloane is an exciting and growing place to build your career, hold yourself to a high standard and continuously improve as a professional. We want diligent and dedicated people who want to be a part of our culture.
If this sounds like you, please email your resume to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that reflects a multitude of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.