Alex Kovtun is a Vice President at Sloane & Company in New York. He has extensive experience advising clients on a wide range of special situations, including mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, and shareholder activism. In addition, he works with clients to develop and refine their investor and public relations programs. He regularly assists companies in raising their corporate profiles, preparing for quarterly earnings and enhancing their relationships with key stakeholder audiences.
Recent engagements of note include:
- ABB’s activist defense situation against Cevian Capital and Artisan Partners
- McDermott’s $6 billion merger with Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
- DaVita’s $4.9 billion sale of DaVita Medical Group to Optum
- Lanxess AG’s $2.2 billion acquisition of Chemtura
- Praxair’s $65 billion proposed merger with Linde AG
- Klöckner Pentaplast’s acquisition of LINPAC Group
- Numerous companies and boards in confidential activist preparedness assignments
Prior to joining Sloane & Company, Alex was with Finsbury, a global strategic communications firm, where he worked on cross-border M&A, activist investor defense, investor relations, and corporate reputation assignments for clients across various industries. Before Finsbury, Alex worked at The Equity Group, an investor relations firm, where he helped companies articulate their investment story and enhance their profile within the investment community. Previously, Alex spent four years in the equity research department at Sandler O’Neill +Partners covering financial institutions.
Alex holds a B.S. degree in Finance and Economics from Rutgers University. He also is an active member of the National Investor Relations Institute (NIRI).