Dan Zacchei is a Managing Director based in New York and has been at Sloane & Company since 2008. He advises a range of clients on media and investor communications strategies around special situations, shareholder activism, M&A, restructurings, litigation, crisis and issues management and ongoing reputational positioning.
Recent engagements and representations of note include:
- Aetna and CVS in their $69 billion merger.
- Puerto Rico’s $72 billion restructuring (representing Franklin Templeton, Oppenheimer Funds and other major creditors including the PREPA Bondholder Group).
- AmerisourceBergen around opioid-related issues and litigation.
- Issuers and investors in nearly 100 activist shareholder situations including:
- Luby’s Inc. in its proxy contest defense against Bandera Partners.
- D. E. Shaw in its engagement with Lowe’s, EQT and Bunge.
- HomeStreet Bank in its proxy contest defense against Roaring Blue Lion Capital.
- MDC Partners in its defense against FrontFour Capital.
- Land and Buildings in multiple proxy contests against Taubman Centers, and activist situations against Hudson’s Bay and Brookdale.
- Private equity firm Waterton Global Resource Management in its proxy contest against Hudbay Minerals Inc.
- SQN Investors in its engagement with Yelp.
- Cruiser Capital in its proxy contest against Ashland Global Holdings.
- Keweenaw Land Association in multiple proxy contest defenses against Cornwall Capital.
- Voce Capital in its proxy content against Natus Medical.
- Enzo Biochem in its defense against Lone Star Value.
- Long-term investor venBio in its proxy campaign against Immunomedics.
- Elliott Management in numerous U.S. activism campaigns.
- Numerous companies and boards in confidential activist preparedness assignments.
- Videology in its bankruptcy and subsequent sale to Amobee/Singtel.
- Detroit’s Chapter 9 bankruptcy (representing Financial Guaranty Insurance Company, the largest single creditor).
Prior to joining Sloane & Company, Dan was with Ruder Finn, where he worked in the Corporate Advisory group on crises and special situations. Dan graduated from the College of the Holy Cross Cum Laude, with a B.A. in History.