President, Special Situations
Dan Zacchei is President, Special Situations, based in New York and has been at Sloane & Company since 2008. He advises a range of public and private companies, investment managers and private equity firms on media and investor communications strategies around special situations, shareholder activism, M&A, restructurings, litigation, crisis management and ongoing reputational positioning.
Dan was recently named by Business Insider as one of the top 15 financial public relations pros “CEOs are scrambling to hire.”
Recent engagements and representations of note include:
- CVS Health around numerous issues and transactions, including its $69 billion merger with Aetna and integration
- Facebook in its $1 billion acquisition of Kustomer
- Francisco Partners in numerous M&A transactions
- Revlon in its successful debt exchange and ongoing creditor litigation
- PG&E’s equity holders in the Company’s restructuring
- New York Life in its $6.3 billion acquisition of Cigna’s Group Insurance business
- Issuers and investors in more than 250 shareholder activism situations including:
- Cubic Corp. in its defense and eventual sale to Elliott Management and Veritas Capital
- Senator and Cannae Holdings in their bid for CoreLogic and subsequent proxy fight
- Farallon Capital Management in its proxy contest with Toshiba Corp.
- D. E. Shaw in its engagements with Exxon, Emerson Electric, Lowe’s, EQT and Bunge
- eBay in its engagement with Elliott Management and Starboard Value
- HomeStreet Bank in defense against consecutive proxy fights with Blue Lion Capital
- Companies and boards in dozens of confidential activist preparedness assignments
Dan graduated from the College of the Holy Cross Cum Laude, with a B.A. in History. He lives in Westchester with his wife, Olivia, and daughter, Scarlett.