Dan Zacchei is a Managing Director based in New York and has been at Sloane & Company since 2008. He advises a range of clients on media and investor communications strategies around special situations, shareholder activism, M&A, restructurings, litigation, crisis and issues management and ongoing reputational positioning.
Recent engagements and representations of note include:
- Supporting Aetna in their proposed $69 billion merger with CVS Health.
- Puerto Rico’s $72 billion restructuring (representing Franklin Templeton, Oppenheimer Funds and other major creditors including the PREPA Bondholder Group).
- Representing a Fortune 50 drug distributor around opioid-related issues and litigation.
- Walgreens, providing counsel for nearly a decade around pricing and partnership issues, public affairs initiatives, executive positioning, and other matters.
- Investors and issuers in more than 50 activist shareholder situations including:
- Land and Buildings against Hudson’s Bay, Taubman Centers, and Brookdale.
- D. E. Shaw in their activist situation around the EQT and Rice Energy deal.
- Long-term investor venBio in their successful proxy campaign against Immunomedics, now advising the new board and management team on ongoing corporate and investor communications.
- Senomyx in their successful proxy fight defense against a group of activist shareholders seeking full Board control.
- Elliott Management in numerous U.S. activism campaigns.
- Ascent Group in their defense and settlement with Okumus Fund Management.
- Enzo Biochem in their defense against Lone Star Value.
- Detroit’s Chapter 9 bankruptcy (representing Financial Guaranty Insurance Company, the largest single creditor).
- The largest North American artificial turf manufacturer, facing a series of investigative stories and through subsequent class action litigation and federal and state regulatory challenges.
- Numerous companies and boards in confidential activist preparedness assignments.
Prior to joining Sloane & Company, Dan was with Ruder Finn, where he worked in the Corporate Advisory group on crises and special situations.
Dan graduated from the College of the Holy Cross Cum Laude, with a B.A. in History.