Kristen Duarte is a Senior Associate at Sloane & Company based in New York. She provides day-to-day account support and assists with a variety of media and investor relations efforts, shareholder activism assignments, and crisis communications.
Recent engagements and representations of note include:
- Supporting Aetna in its $69 billion merger with CVS Health.
- D.E. Shaw in its activist situations involving Bunge Ltd,. Lowe’s and EQT.
- HomeStreet Bank in its successful proxy fight defense against Blue Lion Capital.
- Land & Buildings in its proxy fights against Taubman Centers, Hudson’s Bay and Brookdale.
- Voce Capital in its successful proxy fight against Natus Medical.
- Long-term investors Sidus Investment Management and BLR Partners in its successful campaign against Acacia Research Corporation.
- Keweenaw Land Association in multiple proxy contests against Cornwall Capital.
- Senomyx in their successful proxy fight defense against a group of activist shareholders seeking full board control.
Prior to joining Sloane, Kristen worked in Public Relations Sales at Nasdaq, where she worked closely with PR professionals. Before working at Nasdaq, Kristen interned at Sard Verbinnen & Company, a PR firm, and CCMP Capital, a private equity firm.
Kristen graduated from Colgate University where she received a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature.